The Light

The Light

I fall down a dark hole, and I'm instantly suffocated by the pressure of my demons They rip at my skin They tear at my flesh I scream in panic and pain Agony swirls through my veins Like the deadly venom of a cobra My mind goes blank My Soul seems to fade away My demons are stronger than ever Just as I think I'm going mad all the screaming inside my head quiets A tiny light glows through the sand The demon's claws loosen around my windpipe Air fills my lungs, and the demons fade into the shadows. The light is not alone Its friends are hidden under the sand Cold, wet and heavy it tries to bury me too Yet still, I struggle Still, I strain Still, I dig without a shovel I grovel on hands and knees "Where are they? Where are they?" Panic consumes Will I ever find them? Will the other lights ever shine through? The sand rises, higher and higher A time glass, counting down What will happen when it stops? Will the lights expire? I can't allow it I can't keep still I dig, deeper and deeper and suddenly the lights are there, all around me It fills me with hope My heart soars Maybe I could feel this way forever more But the first light begins to move away I try to move closer, but it moves the other way I run, desperate to catch it, to keep it's feeling with me But as I get closer, it gets farther It disappears, leaving me in tears They come, hot and choking as the light fades away Suddenly nothing matters The other lights are still there, but dimmer than before Nothing matters anymore Not food Not Water Not air All that matters is the light Disappearing leaving me there

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tears

Birdie